Sunday, March 26, 2006

A candidate I could stand behind...

With the elections fast approaching here in Peru, it looks more and more like the country will continue what the Economist would call a "trend" towards the left in Latin America (my call is that Ollanta wins going away).

I personally would prefer Lourdes, but my ideal candidate would be someone (anyone!) that could reduce the constant barage of noise pollution. The worst offender in my neighborhood is the taxi that delivers supplies to Nuveos Helados. He has one of those truck-backup sounds, but at a ridiculous high-pitched tone and set at about 115 decibels. Of course, the political candidates are some of the worst offenders with their bullhorns and annoying jingles so I guess that leaves me as a man without a country...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home